By placing a bid on our online auction, the buyer agrees that such a bid constitutes acceptance of the following terms:
Buyer’s Premium: A buyer’s premium of 10% will be added to the hammer price of all successful bids.
Total Sale Price: The total sales price of an item consists of the hammer price plus the buyer’s premium and any applicable freight.
Bidding through our website
Before bidding all buyers must create an account. You will be asked to provide an address, contact information, and a valid email address to verify.
- Buyer agrees to register to bid at least one hour before the start time.
- Buyers acknowledge that we will not be held responsible for errors or failure to execute any online bid(s).
- You may also contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0412 378 798 if you would leave a bid. To ensure the bid, absentee bidders should place their bids at least one hour prior to the sale’s start time.
Shipping & Packaging
- All shipping and insurance costs are to be paid by the buyer.
- We ship Australia wide.
- We do not ship to P.O. Boxes. All freight charges for each individual lot have been mentioned on its description.
- We ship by the most secure methods possible.
- All items are professionally packed in-house.
Picking Up Lots
- Our storage is located in Melbourne. So, any buyers who want to pick up their successful lots can collect them via appointment.
Methods of Payments Accepted
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, & Bank Transfers
- The successful bidder will be contacted after the completion of the auction by email or phone.
- Complete payment is due within 72 hours of successful bid notification.
You may also email or call us for specific questions regarding each lot at our auction.
Inquiries will be answered in a timely fashion until auction start time.
If requested we can provide additional detailed photos for buyers.
Withdrawal Prior to Sale
We reserve the right to withdraw any lot prior to the auction without any liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any bid without stating publicly the reason for so doing.
- Ownership of purchased lots shall not pass to the purchaser until the total purchase price (total amount due) has been paid in full.
- Goods auctioned are usually of some age, and may have been used by previous owners. Therefore, all lots are sold with all faults and imperfections as they are. Buyers should satisfy themselves as to the condition of the items auctioned, and rely on their own judgement as to the suitability of the item for the intended purpose.
- Items purchased at auction cannot be returned for refund of purchase moneys, nor can they be exchanged for other items.
- The auctioneer guarantees good title and the authenticity of all lots offered.
- If any lot is not paid for in full and taken away in accordance with the conditions stated herein, the auctioneer as agent for the seller, reserves the following rights and remedies:
(a) To proceed against the buyer for damages for breach of contract; or
(b) To re-sell such defaulted lots either by public auction or private treaty, and any resulting deficiency in the total amount due shall be payable by the defaulting purchaser. Any surplus from such sale shall belong to the vendor.
Handling of personal information
Personal information submitted in contact with Persian Rug Auctions within the framework of a customer / contractual obligation is handled both manually and electronically for implementation of the auction activities within Persian Rug Auctions as well as obligations in accordance with the law.